Personal Injury Attorney in Queens, New York
Torgan Cooper + Aaron provides high-quality legal representation to victims who have been injured by the wrongful acts of others. Founded in 1987, our plaintiff’s injury law firm has handled hundreds of cases and achieved life-changing results for clients. Our number one goal is to make your future better after injuries related to someone else’s careless or reckless actions.
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of accident in Queens, New York or elsewhere in New York City, contact us to find out how we can help. We offer free initial consultations and can travel to you if it is more convenient.
Why Choose Us
- We are one of the nation’s leading personal injury law firms, with a reputation for excellence. Our attorneys limit their caseloads so that they can devote their full attention to each case.
- We believe that everyone is entitled to excellent legal representation. Our lawyers work hard to achieve their clients’ goals in every case.
- Our attorneys have the power to go after insurance companies and other corporations that put profits over safety at the expense of the people. We are recognized for our courtroom strength.
How a Personal Injury Attorney in Queens Can Help You With a Case
An insurance company does not want what is best for you. After you file an insurance claim in New York, you may encounter bad-faith insurance tactics that make it difficult to recover the financial compensation that you deserve, such as an insurance claims adjuster underestimating your losses or rejecting a valid claim. The best way to protect your rights is by hiring a personal injury lawyer in Queens.
An experienced personal injury attorney can create an aggressive legal strategy that places you in the best position to recover physically, emotionally and financially. A lawyer can handle insurance claim negotiations to pursue fair and full financial compensation for your present and future losses. In addition, a lawyer can make sure that your family has everything it needs to make it through this difficult time, including connections to top doctors in Queens and legal representation that you can trust.
What Are the Elements of a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is filed on behalf of an injured victim (plaintiff) against a person or party allegedly responsible for the accident and injury in question (defendant). It seeks financial reimbursement for the money that the plaintiff spent on his or her recovery, including medical bills and property repairs. The goal of a personal injury case is to make a victim whole again by holding a negligent or reckless party accountable.
In personal injury law, someone is negligent if he or she is careless and this causes injury or harm to another person or party. The four elements required to prove negligence are:
- Duty. The defendant must have had a duty to exercise reasonable care. This means a legal obligation to act in a reasonable and prudent manner.
- Dereliction. There must be proof of a dereliction of duty, or a deviation from the accepted duty of care. The defendant must have committed an act or omission that violated his or her duties.
- Direct cause. The defendant’s breach of the duty of care must be a direct or substantial cause of the accident or injury in question.
- Damages. The plaintiff must have suffered compensable losses – known as damages – because of the defendant’s mistake or wrongdoing.
As the plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit in New York, it is up to you or your personal injury lawyer to establish these four elements as most likely to be true. You will need to fulfill this burden of proof using clear and convincing evidence. An attorney can help you gather evidence to support your claim, which may come in the form of photographs, signed witness statements, medical records, accident reports and expert testimony.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Torgan Cooper + Aaron
At Torgan Cooper + Aaron, we have more than 30 years of experience representing individuals and families in many different types of personal injury lawsuits throughout New York City. Our Queens personal injury lawyers can help if you believe you have any of the following types of cases:
- General negligence lawsuit
- Motor vehicle accident claim
- Truck accident case
- Pedestrian accident claim
- Catastrophic construction accident lawsuit
- Workers’ compensation claim
- Wrongful death lawsuit
This is not a full list of every type of case that we handle. We exclusively practice personal injury law, meaning that we have in-depth knowledge of this practice area and the ability to take on even the most complex claims.
We Have Obtained Some of the Largest Settlements and Verdicts in the Industry
Clients in Queens come to us for exceptional legal representation. With our commitment to each and every case, as well as our ability to go to trial, we have achieved some of the best case results in our industry. Although we never guarantee results, we will work tirelessly to obtain the settlement or verdict that you and your family deserve. We are proud to have achieved several eight-figure results, including:
- $90.3 million verdict for a preventable birth injury that caused an infant brain damage.
- $64 million verdict for obstetrical malpractice and infant brain damage.
- $45.6 million verdict for wrongful death from spine surgery.
- $30 million verdict for leg fractures and brain damage in a truck accident.
- $22 million settlement for orthopedic injuries and brain injuries in a truck accident.
- $20 million settlement for a leg amputation in an auto accident.
Our personal injury lawyers know that money isn’t everything. We understand that no financial recovery can reverse your injuries or replace the life of a loved one. However, we also recognize how great a toll financial strain can take on a family after an accident in Queens. We will do our best to obtain top results for your injury claim so that you can focus on your future.
Injured in Queens, NY? Request a Free Legal Consultation Today
If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence in Queens, New York, you may be entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault party. Consult with our attorneys at Torgan Cooper + Aaron today to explore your legal rights and find out how we can help. Call (212) 232-2500 or contact us online to request a free initial consultation in New York City.