Click for a free consultation

Injured by Falling Objects (Bricks/Debris/Rubble)

Click for a free consultation

Even a small or light object can cause catastrophic injuries when dropped from a tall height, such as a scaffold at a construction site in New York City. When bricks, rubble, tools or debris are dropped, injuries to those below can be deadly. If you were injured by falling objects at a construction site, Torgan Cooper + Aaron can help you seek a fair financial recovery to pay for your medical bills and other losses. We will fight for the compensation that you deserve for a serious construction site injury.

What Can a Construction Accident Attorney Do for You?

The right construction accident attorney can guide you through all of the legal processes that it takes to obtain justice. Your lawyer can investigate the accident, obtain evidence of fault, handle confusing claims paperwork and hire qualified experts to strengthen your claim. Then, your lawyer can take over negotiations with an insurance company to ensure you are treated fairly. You can recuperate and focus on healing physically and emotionally while your lawyer takes care of the legal side of things for you.

Who Is to Blame for Falling Objects at a Construction Site?

Obtaining financial compensation for an injury from a falling object requires identifying fault. You or your lawyer will need to determine the at-fault party and file a claim with that party’s insurance provider for a settlement or judgment award. An attorney can return to the scene of the accident and use other investigative techniques to search for signs of causation, such as:

  • Careless behavior by a worker
  • Failure to properly secure an object or tool
  • Lack of proper worker training
  • Lack of safety gear, such as hard hats
  • Ignored federal safety regulations
  • Faulty equipment or machinery

The party that is responsible for your injury may be the construction company, a contractor or subcontractor, a product manufacturer, a property owner, or multiple parties. Our attorneys at Torgan Cooper + Aaron are not afraid of going up against any defendant, including corporate giants. We can give you the power to level the playing field during insurance claim negotiations.

Should You Accept a Workers’ Compensation Settlement?

If you were working at a construction site when a falling object injured you, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim in New York. This system does not require you to prove fault or negligence to be eligible for financial benefits. Instead, all you must show is that you were performing job-related tasks at the time of the injury. It is important, however, to consult with a construction accident attorney in NYC before accepting a workers’ compensation settlement.

Once you accept a settlement, you cannot file a lawsuit against your employer. If your employer caused or contributed to your injury, however, a lawsuit could result in greater financial compensation. An attorney can review your particular case and recommend the best legal action. If someone other than your employer is to blame, such as a product manufacturer, you may be able to recover through both workers’ comp and a lawsuit.

What if You Were Injured While Walking Through an NYC Construction Zone?

You may also be eligible for financial compensation if you were injured by falling objects or debris in a construction zone as a civilian. If you were walking or biking through a construction site in New York City when something fell and injured you, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the construction company or another party for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, lost enjoyment of life, and more.

Contact Torgan Cooper + Aaron for a Free Case Evaluation in New York City

To learn more about your legal rights after an injury from falling objects at a construction site, contact the New York City personal injury lawyers at Torgan Cooper + Aaron. We will work closely with you and your family to pursue your case goals and fight for the best possible outcome. Request a free initial case consultation today at (212) 232-2500 or by contacting us online.