New York City Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, a skilled New York City spinal cord injury attorney at Torgan Cooper + Aaron can help you go up against the person or party that caused your injury. We will protect your legal rights through every phase of a spinal cord injury lawsuit in NYC, fighting for maximum financial compensation along the way. Your better future starts today. Contact our spinal cord injury lawyers for high-quality legal representation.
Why Choose Torgan Cooper + Aaron for Your Spinal Cord Injury Case?
The right spinal cord injury lawyer can handle complicated legal processes on your behalf while also addressing the needs of you and your family. A spinal cord injury attorney in New York City can provide legal services such as accident investigation and evidence collection while you focus on healing and recovering.
A lawyer can also help you level the playing field when going up against an insurance company or major corporation. An attorney will understand how insurance companies operate and be prepared to combat tactics that an insurer may use to try to devalue your claim. Obtaining fair financial compensation is especially important as the victim of a spine injury, as you may have lifelong medical expenses.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
If you get into an accident that hurts your back, a physician can use tools such as a physical exam and MRI to diagnose a spinal cord injury. The type of spinal cord injury is important, as it can determine how severely the injury will impact you. The two main categories of spinal cord injuries are:
- Incomplete spinal cord injury. An incomplete spinal cord injury does not fully injure the spine. It may cause symptoms such as pain, numbness, tingling, and nerve damage and will most likely heal over time.
- Complete spinal cord injury. A complete spinal cord injury injures the spine totally, resulting in paralysis. This is the loss of feeling and function below the point of injury. An example of a complete spinal cord injury is a severed spine.
Within these categories, there are several types of back injuries, including fractures, contusions, spinal concussions, muscle and soft-tissue injuries, and disk injuries. Any type of spinal cord injury can be significantly painful and disabling. It is important to speak to a New York City spinal cord injury lawyer if you have been diagnosed with a spinal cord injury of any type or severity. You may be eligible for financial compensation depending on the cause of your injury.
Examples of Verdicts We Have Obtained For Spinal Injury
- $56 million dollar verdict for a woman who was paralyzed during spinal surgery
- $45.6 million dollar verdict for a boy who was paralyzed during spinal surgery
- $22.9 million dollar verdict for a Staten Island Ferry crash leaving a man paralyzed
- $17.9 million dollar verdict for a passenger in a car accident that suffered from a herniated disc
How Much Is a Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit Worth?
If another person or party caused or contributed to your injury, that party’s insurance company may be financially responsible for your spinal cord injury and related losses and expenses. If you were injured in a car accident, for example, the at-fault driver’s auto insurance may be responsible for paying for your bills.
The financial compensation available during a spinal cord injury lawsuit in New York may pay for the following losses:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Losses of income and employment benefits
- Property damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Lost quality or enjoyment of life
- Permanent disability or debilitation
- Death benefits for a deceased family member
- Punitive damages
Although no amount of money will ever make up for a devastating spinal cord injury, a fair financial settlement or jury verdict can help you build a better future by enabling you to afford necessary medical care and make up for lost wages. If you have questions about how much compensation you can get for a spinal cord injury, speak with a New York City personal injury attorney experienced in spinal cord injury lawsuits.
Free Consultation With a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in New York City
If you or a loved one has a spinal cord injury from a preventable accident in New York City, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free case evaluation. Torgan Cooper + Aaron is a reputable law firm in New York with the resources and compassionate New York City spinal cord injury attorneys to guide you through the legwork of your claim. We can help you and your family when you need it the most. Call our local law firm at (212) 232-2500 or send us an online message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.